Thu, May 11|
WI DNR - Wausaukee Ranger Station
Invasive Species Trade-Up Days - Wausaukee
From May 11th to the 12th, WRISC will be hosting Invasive Species Trade-Up Days in Wausaukee! It's time to dig up those pesky ornamental invasive species from your yard and swap them for native plants!
Time & Location
May 11, 8:00 AM CDT – May 12, 12:00 PM CDT
WI DNR - Wausaukee Ranger Station, 1025 Co Hwy C, Wausaukee, WI 54177, USA
About the event
Swap that Invasive Shurb for a Native one!
The Wild Rivers Invasive Species Coalition (WRISC), in partnership with the WI DNR-Wausaukee Ranger Station, is hosting Invasive Species Trade-Up Days in Wausaukee from Thursday, May 11th to Friday, May 12th. Trade-Up Days are a chance for landowners to remove ornamental invasive species from their property, such as Japanese Barberry, Buckthorn, or Burning Bush, and exchange the plant for a monetary voucher to buy a native plant replacement. Each voucher is worth $5, and you are able to receive up to $50 if you bring in 10 or more invasive species!
During the event, times will vary as indicated below:
Thursday, May 11th: 8 AM - 4 PM
Friday, May 12th: 8 AM - 12 PM
While we ask that you pre-register, it is not required! A short presentation will be given on Wednesday, May 10th at the Wausaukee Public Library at 6:30 PM to kick off the event!
There will be signage at the event location. A trailer bed will be set up in the parking lot of the Wausaukee Ranger Station to collect plants. If you drop off plants on Thursday, you will need to go into the building to receive your voucher from the DNR staff. On Friday, WRISC Staff will be present outside to hand out vouchers.
Vouchers are redeemable at participating greenhouses and plant sales for the purchase of a native plant. Customers are responsible for any price difference. This year, we have an exciting list of native plant sellers! If you are looking for a specific native plant, call ahead, as some locations only sell perennials.
- Penny's Plants & Pots: located at W5396 Evergreen Road No 3, Menominee, MI 49858
- Northern Lights Master Gardeners Spring Plant Sale at Harmony Arboretum (May 20th, 8 am -12 pm): located at N3890 County E Peshtigo, WI 54157
- Parthie Landscape & Stone: W1558 US Hwy 41, Marinette, WI 54143
- Flowerland Greenhouse Inc: located at 1511 S Stephenson Ave, Iron Mountain, MI 49801
- Chenier's Greenhouse: located at 801 West US Highway 2 Norway, MI 49870
- Danielson's Greenhouse and Floral: located at 130 Brown St, Norway, MI 49870
- Spread Eagle Garden Center: 4413 North Lake Rd.-South, Florence, WI 54121
We can't wait to see everyone! If you have additional questions, Call (906) 774-1550 ext. 104 or Email email@example.com.